Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise funds for improving education and literacy in Africa.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Been a bit busy catching up with "real work" and ....

Since I came back from my Desert Hiking Expedition, everyday I have thought about it and the people I went with. Specially my uncle and my cousin (Anita). It was so awesome to spend time with them. I have been in touch with the expedition leader Dhaval Shah and some others too. While they are busy trying to decide where to go for the next expedition, I have been busy catching up on work and trying to get back into my workout schedule.

Had a little setback with my knee but getting better by the day. Still on schedule for my various outdoor events this spring and summer. Training is going on in full swing for the following events -
1. March 31 - 5K run
2. April 22 - 10K run
3. May 5 - Half marathon
4. Undecided - Duathlon
5. Waiting on the exact dates (Sept/Oct) for the Himalaya expedition. We were thinking of doing the Everest Base Camp. But this place has been so commercialized that it is not fun or adventure anymore. The team is now deciding on going to Roopkund, a glacial lake (in the Himalayas at a height of about 16,500 feet) and summiting another nearby peak (yet to be named).

As you may know, I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro for raising money for the TBTG Foundation. The Himalayan expedition this Sept/Oct will also be for raising money for this same foundation. Hopefully I will be able to raise more money than I did last time.

Some good news from my sponsors for this year:
  1. GU Energy Labs has renewed their sponsorship and their products are going to go a long way in helping me reach my goals for this year
  2. QuikPod has decided to sponsor me again for my next expedition to the Himalayas. They have sent me the QuikPod Pro as this was a very important gadget for me in my expedition to Mt. Kilimanjaro last year. Please visit the "My Pictures" tab to see the pictures and videos taken using this indespensible gadget.
  3. Solio Solar Chargers also confirmed their sponsorship again for this Sept/Oct expedition to the Himalayas. They will be sending me a Bolt, a couple extra batteries, and a couple Clip-Minis.
  4. SteriPEN has confirmed their sponsorship for the Himalayan expedition. I have to let them know which product will be best suited for our use. I am thinking it would be the "Freedom" since it is the lightest, smallest and rechargable with my Solio Charger.
I had given the opportunity to LifeSaver Bottle to sponsor me for my desert expedition but they did not. So I ended up buying the bottle ($150)...which I gave to my cousin who is in the Army. The bottle was good but too heavy for an expedition. I wish they had something lighter. But on second thoughts, I think I will like the SteriPEN better.

Thats all for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment