Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise funds for improving education and literacy in Africa.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Had a good day today...

Met with Ben Luftman this morning. He is the guy from Columbus (was on 10TV) who climbed Kilimanjaro last year. Dwight and I chatted with him for nearly an hour. Here is a clip of him talking to the news reporter from 10TV. One of the most down to earth guy. He gave us really great advice...he even shared with us the things he should have taken with him (that he did not). I am sure we will be talking to him frequently.

This evening, ran 10.6 miles in 2 hours. That is an improvement of .6 miles in one week. Feels really good. Drank a bottle of water after 1 hour. At the end of my run my lips were dry. Will need to start hydrating much much more than I usually do. Wanted to try the Gu Gel today but did not. Probably will do it next Wednesday.

Looking forward to both... the Marathon and Kilimanjaro.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment